Resume of Vijay Tejuja
Senior Manager, WSR Consulting Group, LLC
Over 30 years of Information Systems and Technology experience and expertise in the public and private sectors. Proven expertise and leadership in successful project management, software development methodologies, and best IT service management, support and delivery practices (ITIL), including: the areas of project estimation, staffing, scheduling and schedule control, sub-contractor management, configuration management and risk management and quality management. Strong expertise and experience in business process re-engineering and computer systems: contract management, strategy and planning; requirements gathering and control; analysis; design; hardware, software and network selection; development; testing; conversion and data migration; implementation; and quality management.
As part of the WSRCG team, Mr. Tejuja has worked on a number of large technology litigation matters related to large-scale computer systems and systems project failures. Elsewhere, he has been responsible for managing 2-35 professional Information Technology (IT) staffs on projects with total budgets of over $100,000,000. Mr. Tejuja's professional consulting activities in North America have given him extensive exposure to a number of large Federal and Municipal Government systems.
- Reviewed detailed project planning methodology for a failed system implementation in the health-care industry. Favorable result.
- Analyzed scope creep, changes, gaps, related estimates-to-complete and contract issues in a large-scale SAP retail system implementation. Favorable result.
- Reviewed contracted vs. actual project management processes/methodologies used by a major consulting company in failed development of a large HR system. Findings supported a favorable mediated settlement.
- Reviewed quality practices and production readiness of a significant Internet product launch.
- Analyzed the Prospectus Disclosures of an Internet service and content provider to defend against stockholders claiming failure to adequately disclose technology risks of new products and services.
- Provided support for technical depositions for defending fifteen insurance companies in a complex Y2K sue and labor matter. Work included in-depth analysis of discovery documents, preparation of deposition questions and scripts, analysis and summarization of transcripts, attendance and attorney coaching during key depositions, and preparation of documents analyzing the effectiveness of project management from deposition and discovery records.
Information Technology and Systems Consulting:
- Instituted Quality Assurance and project monitoring processes for new IT systems initiatives proposed by various business users in a Canadian Government Department to ensure that new IT initiatives are aligned with the business goals. Provided on-going monitoring services which included review of project charters, provision of project health reports, providing management with tools to take Go/No Go decisions for new systems.
- Oversight of ITIL-compliant service management tool in a Canadian Government Department. This enabled the implementation of ITIL best practices in the delivery of IT support to about 4,500 users across the country. The functions implemented included Incident Management, Problem management, and Configuration management.
- Implemented cost saving measures in a Canadian Government Department. This resulted in annual savings of over $ 4,000,000. This included implementation of changes in the way IT resources were utilized in application portfolio maintenance; changes in how IT infrastructure services were provided, and how IT asset management, budget planning and monitoring were managed.
- Participated in a TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) study for the above department.
- As Project Management Specialist, reorganized a 200-person systems SAP deployment program to ensure effective delivery of a series of inter-related modules.
- Managed the implementation of a Shop Floor On-Line System for a Fleet Management System at the New City Of Ottawa. This large project was managed from the requirements stage through to feasibility, contract negotiation with a software package vendor, business design, testing, training, and rollout to all the sites.
- As contract Systems Manager, managed a team of 25 systems staff in implementing new systems to replace non-Y2K compliant systems for a major municipality in North America. Systems included: Automated Fire Dispatch, 911 Back-up, Tax Collection, Permit and Licensing, Parking Ticket and Financial systems. Mr. Tejuja planned software development strategy and methodology to be used, and managed software requirements, technical systems design for client/server based systems, testing and successful implementation. This 18-month project was completed below its $10 million budget.
- Contract Software Quality Management Manager and Systems Advisor for the replacement of aging Pay, Pension and Insurance Systems with an integrated client/server technology solution, integrated CASE tool design and re-engineering of the business. Designed and implemented a critical quality assurance function. Conducted "Function Point" analyses. The project covered a span of 5 years.
- As the Principal-in-charge, implemented a major project for the design and implementation of a nation-wide system to support new legislation for regarding persons that defaulted on child support payments. System was implemented over 2 years, with ORACLE & UNIX; helped recover millions of dollars from defaulting spouses.
- Conducted a feasibility study for an Inventory Management System for a federal government department. This was the second largest Materiel Management System in Canada. This involved the development of the business case, hardware and data communications requirements and cost benefit-analysis of various options. Recommendations for installing a software package at multiple sites across Canada resulted in savings of over 5 million dollars within the first year of implementation.
- Developed a "Software Productivity Improvement and Planning Framework" for systems maintenance. Framework is being used to assist the organization in moving to the second level of the Software Engineering Institute's Software Capability Maturity Model the SEI's CMM). This model encompasses planning, requirements management, quality assurance and configuration management.
- Project leader in charge of specification, design and implementation of an Accounting System for a Crown Corporation. System is a major component of an integrated business management database of the Corporation.
- Project Manager for selecting and implementing an accounting system to manage an $80 billion Federal Government Pension Fund for Public Service. Activities included developing the business case, analyzing software package requirements, re-designing business processes, selecting the packages and planning the installation, including infrastructure requirements, training coordination, and post-implementation review to ensure accomplishment of business case. This client/server DB2 system was implemented in only 9 months.
- Project leader for a system to deter unemployment insurance frauds. This medium size but heavily rules-based system operates in all major centers in Canada. Activities included system specifications, design, development and implementation Pilot implementation resulted in detecting a large number of over-payments. Subsequent national rollout resulted in annual multi-million dollar recoveries.
- Audit of Y2K Strategic Plans for the City of Ottawa. Included in-depth review of the organizational commitment, assessment and management of Y2K risks, resources needed for Y2K compliance, and technical and legal issues. All recommendations were adopted and actioned by the City council.
- Conducted an in-depth audit of a newly implemented Inventory Management System for a major organizational group. The audit revealed design flaws that could lead to under-estimating of inventory (which was in excess of $10 million) and paid for itself many times over.
Additional Experience and Expertise:
- Implemented several financial systems over five years for manufacturing and trading organizations.
- Design, development, implementation and quality assurance of Foreign Fisheries Monitoring Systems dealing with licensing, fishing quota management, vessel movements, inspections etc.
- Design, development, and implementation of a Material Assets Management system for a large organization with assets exceeding $1 billion.
- Managed a team of programmers, in the development of a system to automate major aspects of the purchasing functions managed by the Canadian Federal Government. Developed with IDMS/R.
|WSR Consulting Group, LLC
|| 1997 - present
Sub-contracts to and works with WSR Consulting Group, LLC
|VK Computer Systems Inc.
|| 1981 to Present
Vice-President, Information Systems Practice
|Federal Systems of Canada
|| 1978 to 1981
Senior Engagement Consultant
|A. F. Ferguson (of Price Waterhouse Associates)
|| 1972 to 1977
|Graduate diploma in Computer Systems Analysis and Design, London, England
|Bachelor of Engineering - University of Bombay
|British Council Scholar
- Quality Assurance Institute (QAI)
- Canadian Information Processing Society